Here’s a DIY descriptive tutorial to teach you how to get internet router power backup in various ways. As we may need a backup at our home of office for several reasons such as load-shedding, power failures, blackout, etc. and we may want to regain access to the internet service through internet router. This can only be possible with power backup options for which this tutorial is brought out to everyone interested. Moreover, the project is really cheap and possible to be accomplished with scratch components.
Lets begin with listing out the components required:
1. Internet router : Any router for which we design the project. Our system works at least for wireless functions of a router, while Ethernet may not work in some.The best is low powered about 2-3 watt for long time operation.
2. USB Power Bank/Backup : The power bank to power our internet router. The best one would be high powered i.e. 15000 mAh or more with current capacity 1A. And multiple USB out option would be suitable for simultaneous powering of router and mobile device.
3. USB cable : We require a USB cable for making a power cable matching the router’s power input. Instead of buying some extra USB cable, we advice you to use some not in use USB mouse or other USB cables.
4. Cutter : A cutter or scissor can be used for cutting cables and stripping out conductive part of wire.
5. Multi-meter : We need a multi-meter for proper voltage polarity tests and conductivity tests while making the correctly working cable, but at unavoidable circumstances we may omit the device and follow hit and trial method until the router functions.
6. Lead acid battery : This is required for high power alternative only, to be connected with a low wattage inverter. Advisable requirement is 12V and 7.2 Ah or more
7. Low power inverter :A simple 300 watt or more for inverter is required for higher power optional requirement.
That’s all for components’ requirement. Now lets jump to the descriptive procedures of the project.